If you are in the marketing profession and don’t know whether Vyond is the one for you to create animated videos, take a look at this detailed Vyond review. As a marketer, it is important to know your software and tools for running successful campaigns.
In 2018, Goanimate, Inc. underwent a number of changes and restarted under the new name Vyond.
Vyond can be considered one of the best animation software and is available in a variety of formats, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
Table of Contents
What is Vyond used for?
It is an online video maker that helps users create animated videos. It is relevant for beginners in graphic designing as well as experienced video editors.
Using Vyond is as easy as creating a presentation video. It and has all the features of a professional video editor. Animated videos have the upper hand, as they can easily attract users’ attention if they are designed appropriately.
It is an all-in-one branding platform that helps you maintain the quality of corporate promotion you need. It is a free and open-source video and animation tool for business branding, marketing, and advertising.
Level of difficulty and learning curve
Vyond comes with a wide array of features to pick from. You can easily drag and drop characters, images, and more in your videos or edit existing templates. In a nutshell, it comes with a small learning curve compared to other animation software in the market.
The platform does not hinder your creativity, as Vyond provides you with a wide range of different templates to build on.
You can create a simple video here. For example, you can create a short video on how to use your product or service step by step. It can be an animated explanatory video. The steps can vary slightly if you choose a different template or create a different video type. But, all in all, it is a great tool for beginners.
If you’ve always wanted to create an animation for your YouTube channel for advertising or educational purposes, you can use this software for the purpose. The platform has several different animation tools that you can use to create highly engaging animations.
- Videos created on Vyond can be used in various different formats on different platforms. Publish explainer videos on YouTube or blogs, integrate MP4 in your LMS, use as GIF formats for email campaigns and promotions, or share on social media as viral content.
- Pre-made templates, images, audio tracks, live lip syncing, custom characters, styles, actions.
- Quick import media from your device to add value to your video project.
- Vyond Accel for improving video making and editing skills with exposure to a set of tools and guides.
- Enhanced security with password in compliance with Office 365 and Google.
- Comprehensive set of tools and features aimed at beginners, students, professionals, and agencies.
Pros and Cons
- Vyond has a rich set of customizable templates. Choose from pre-existing templates, edit the background, change transition effects, add or remove elements from the scene as per your requirements.
- Design your own characters. Add personality to your custom characters and make them talk. Assign movements and actions. Or, pick existing movements from the library of characters and actions. Change the character’s hair, outfits, style, and more for better engagement based on your audience type.
- There are multiple ways to add audio to your video project. Upload a sound effect or music file and adjust it effortlessly on the timeline. This way, you can add multiple audios in a single video. Micro recording is another great option for live explainer videos. Text to speech is available in multiple languages, which helps to use professional voices in videos for short videos. At last, add sound or audio from the library.
- Based on your subscription, export your high-quality videos in any formats within minutes. For sharing videos on social platforms and LMS, you don’t have to run an extra mile. There are several video sharing and integration options in Vyond, which reduce extra steps involved in sharing.
- Edit, remove, add, or replace elements in your saved videos. Update existing ones from the storage, tweak a bit, and reuse it for different platforms.
- As it is a web-based video editing platform, one requires a stable internet connection for smooth working.
- More actions and generic movements can be added to the library of characters.
- Search feature has room for improvement. If categories are assigned to all elements, characters, props, and movements, it saves time and extra efforts.
Who can use Vyond?
Vyond is a video creation software with animation tools that makes it a viable all in one video maker for many jobs.
For e-learning and presentations, teachers and mentors can rely on its huge library of elements, effects, sounds, and characters.
Apart from that, multiple platform integrations and importing almost all media formats has helped marketers, agencies, professionals, and e-commerce businesses to create engaging, informative, promotional marketing content.
Vyond offers a 14-day free trial, but it has its limitations. You can only access a limited set of features and library elements. Not all export formats are supported in the trial version and the finished project comes with a Vyond watermark.
Likewise, there are paid versions with different types of access and limitations. You can choose to pay monthly or annually. There are three subscription models:
Essentials starting from $39/month or $299/annually
Premium starting from $89/month or $649/annually
Professional staring from $159/month or $999/annually
Customized pricing for enterprise
Annual subscriptions are way cheaper than monthly subscriptions, almost half of the monthly billing. In a nutshell, it is pricier than other video software because of its professional approach and versatility. They also offer guides, invitations to webinars, and learning materials to professional plan members.
Alternatives to Vyond
It is no secret that you will find cheaper and more affordable options in the market if you are just starting out. Be rest assured, Vyond is a good option for many professionals and marketing needs. However, here are other alternatives you can try.
- Hippo Video
- Crazy Talk Animator
- Renderforest Video
- Articulate 360
- Bright Cove
Whether a mentor, teacher, webinar expert or professional such as graphic designer or digital marketer, Vyond fulfills all your video editing and animation needs.
In fact, it is trusted by thousands of brands and multinational companies since 2007. For animation, it provides the best tools and library of easily editable graphics.
Our suggestion is to take advantage of your free trial version and if it suits your needs and covers everything you are looking for in your animation video editor, go for the annual plan.