In this VideoScribe review, you will learn all the details of this tool. By the end of this post, you will have a clear idea about this tool and easily decide if you should buy it or not.
VideoScribe is a highly versatile, intuitive tool for creating professional-looking explainer videos and high-quality whiteboard animations. You can make your own whiteboard video in just a few minutes.
VideoScribe is easy, quick, and inexpensive. Users can easily make a video that looks hand-drawn. It is an ideal application for organizations and individuals that need to create amazing marketing videos. This style is known as an “explainer” video and has become increasingly popular for marketing and education purposes.
Best Feature: Instant access to a library of thousands of customizable images and music, helping them to create a great video in no time.
Table of Contents
Why use VideoScribe?
VideoScribe provides business solutions, allowing you to engage prospects, educate employees, launch products, and build your brand. VideoScribe is a very popular marketing tool used by various companies to grab attention on social media. In simple terms, it is a perfect tool for those who are interested in giving life to illustrations through the addition of stunning videos or visuals for captivating their audience and keeping them engaged.
VideoScribe is an educational tool for both kindergartens and global leaders. Using this tool, users can create doodles and animation videos easily, quickly, and inexpensively. The program is used by more than 2 million people in the world in over 150 countries. Many are of the opinion that VideoScribe has been touted as one of the best video animation software.
Level of difficulty & learning curve
VideoScribe is equipped with a rich suite of features which includes:
- Attractive fonts
- Online saving of projects
- Music import
- Voiceover recording
- Web publishing
- Offline support
- Different video resolutions
- Premium images purchase,
- Royalty-free music library
- Image gallery
It comes with a free Image and Audio library, thereby providing everything the user needs in one location. If the user is interested in creating an animation for their business web page, a video, or an advertisement – then this software is just the right one.
Salient Features of VideoScribe
- VideoScribe provides rich features – VideoScribe supports all the basic functionalities without compromising the learning curve or cluttering the interface. The software is simple to use but, at the same time, contains a huge set of applications that could rival top-tier animation products. The software features the creation of users’ own characters and layouts, and programming movements, etc. There are different menus as well as visual props and feature sound, which adds richness and depth to videos significantly.
- Cross-platform and Cloud compatible – VideoScribe allows users to create videos on various platforms. It works both with Windows and Mac, and it also comes with mobile applications for Android and iOS devices. However, the apps come with fewer features compared to the desktop version. In addition, VideoScribe allows users to work their project on the cloud and save them on Cloud. Cross-platform compatibility combined with cloud-based and on-premise deployment gives users varied options to use the software.
- A wide range of pricing plans – VideoScribe offers a variety of pricing plans for its customers, which is rare when it comes to whiteboard animation software. Customers have the option to purchase a licensed copy through a one-time payment, a perfect choice for customers planning to use the app for long. Users also have the option to subscribe to their monthly or annual plans. The software is ideal for both occasional users and beginners.
- VideoScribe provides a streamlined workflow – With VideoScribe, the creation of whiteboard animation is super fast. The software offers users a five-step process that the users must follow. Firstly, text or images are added, then followed by setting animation times. After that, users can record their voiceovers or import them from the inbuilt library. In the next step, the audio sounds are selected, and finally, the content is published. This makes the process quite simple, and operating the platform is always easy.
VideoScribe comes in 3 packages, namely Monthly Plan, Quarterly Plan, and Yearly Plan. There are some special plans for educational institutions which have been tabulated below.
Additionally, VideoScribe image Library includes thousands of premium images from professional artists. These premium images are available at an extra cost and are not included in the subscription. One needs to have a subscription to make this additional purchase.
|7day free trial
|Monthly $17.50 / month
Quarterly $35 for 3 months
Annual: $8 / month or $96 yearly
|Team Licenses 5+ USERS
|Team Licenses 10+ USERS
|Team Licenses 20+ USERS
|Education Plans <1400 STUDENTS
|Education Plans <1900 STUDENTS
|Education Plans <2400 STUDENTS
Pros & Cons
|User has access to Unlimited online support and free product upgrades
|Premium images are available at an extra cost and are not included in the subscription.
|User can import & export scribe files, save scribe files online and can work offline
|Only 7 day trial period instead of 30 days trial period
|User can use the output for their own business
|The user cannot resell their videos in the free trial version
|User can share with Vimeo & PowerPoint, publish on their online sharing platform sho.co and can add their own logo watermark
|Download to multiple devices is not permitted in the free trial version
|The users can create unlimited MOV, WMV, MP4 and AVI video files. They can create their own PNG & JPEG sequences
|Although it is a desktop application, one must have an Internet Connection, as the storage happens in the Cloud
|The users can download their video locally
|User cannot work offline in the free trial version
|Users have access to quick-start templates and a free library of more than 6000 images
|User cannot remove the watermark and buy premium images in the free trial version
|Users can choose from more than 200 royalty free tracks, in addition to recording and importing a voice-over
VideoScribe: Is it worth it?
Yes, VideoScribe is worth it. Finding the right whiteboard animation solution that fits one’s unique needs is a difficult task, and VideoScribe passes the test with flying colors. One can produce as many videos as one likes. Just select images, key in the text and add music or voiceover, and VideoScribe does the rest by creating captivating, memorable content in minutes ready for publishing and sharing. A host of its features make it favored by businesses, educators, video makers, graphic design enthusiasts and millions worldwide.
We hope you found this VideoScribe review helpful. Let us know your thoughts in the comment section.